Plant-Based Meal Ideas
Throughout most of my life I thought cooking was a tedious chore but since adopting a plant-based lifestyle I have found such a love for cooking, trying new recipes and eating delicious foods I never knew existed.
I now even experiment with my own recipe creations!
However, some days my schedule may not allow me the time to experiment in the kitchen but I still crave the same nourishing and delicious food. So here are some easy to make plant-based meal ideas for when you’re either busy or just wanting to relax.
My favorite quick & easy meal ideas
- Oatmeal with blueberries (or any other fruit you love), flaxseed, and walnuts
- Homemade trail mix- pieces of unsweetened dried mangos and raisins (or use your favorite dried fruits of choice), and unsalted cashews.
- Make sure to look at the back of the dried fruit package to ensure that the only ingredient is the fruit and no additional sugar or preservatives.
- Hummus sandwich-2 slices of whole wheat bread, hummus (either you can make your own ahead of time or purchase hummus prepackaged from grocery store), uncooked spinach, uncooked arugula, tomato slices, cucumber slices and yellow pepper slices.
- Kale Salad- kale sautéed in veggie broth & garlic over low heat. Once cooked add chick peas and diced sweet potatoes (sweet potatoes can be microwaved to save time and then cubed into pieces) splash of lemon balsamic vinegar
- Farro topped with baked veggies- zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, red onions, carrots (veggies seasoned with 2tsp each of cumin, parsley, oregano) black beans, avocado pieces and salsa (see below for my easy salsa recipe).
- Fruit salad- 1x kiwi, 1x banana and a handful of raspberries (or assortment of your favorite berries)
Interested in More Easy Recipes?
Bonus Salsa Recipe
Tools needed: food processor, cutting board and a knife
- 4x large tomatoes
- 3 tsp of garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp of crushed red pepper flakes (you can omit, add less or more depending on your preference)
- Large bunch of fresh cilantro
- Half of a fresh lime
- Cut tomatoes in half and place in food processor, then add the garlic, red pepper flakes, cilantro and juice of half of a lime.
- slowly pulse until ingredients are the salsa consistency that you prefer.